For an optimal Saturday 3rd of February in Lanzarote, the weather forecast suggests a day that starts off cloudy and turns sunny by late morning, with daytime highs around 23°C and nighttime lows of 16°C. UV levels will be moderate, making it an ideal day for outdoor activities while keeping sun protection in mind.
Given the varied climate, you have numerous options to make the most of your day. Here are some tailored suggestions:
1. Hit the beach: Kick off your day at one of Lanzarote’s stunning beaches. Papagayo, Playa Blanca, or Famara are excellent choices for sunbathing, swimming, and surfing. With the sun emerging by late morning, it’s perfect for a relaxing day by the sea. Remember, you can also take a surf lesson!
2. Volcanic Hiking: Make the most of the cooler morning by hiking around El Golfo or along the coast near Los Hervideros. The unique volcanic landscapes are a must-see, and clear weather will provide spectacular views.
3. Vineyard Visits: Lanzarote’s unique volcanic soil produces some exceptional wines. An afternoon visit to the La Geria wine region for tastings can be a delightful activity. Sunny weather is ideal for touring vineyards and enjoying local tapas. You can embark on a route and sample the best wines from various wineries, including Stratvs, Rubicón, El Grifo, La Geria o Vega de Yuco.
4. Cultural Sites: Explore the architectural wonders of César Manrique scattered across the island, such as Jameos del Agua, Cactus Garden, or his Foundation. These sites are best enjoyed in sunny weather, allowing you to appreciate their integration with the natural environment.
5. Haría farmers market: Check out the local markets for crafts, food, and souvenirs. Saturday hosts the popular Mercado de Haría, offering an authentic cultural experience. Don’t miss the Mercado de Haría, also known as the Haría Craft Market. This market is a vibrant hub for Lanzarote’s finest artisans, showcasing a wide variety of traditional techniques and products. The market takes place every Saturday from 9:00 to 14:30, making it a perfect weekend destination for both locals and tourists.
Located in Plaza León y Castillo, from 09:00 to 14:30.
6. Water Sports: With moderate winds and sunny skies, it’s a fantastic day for water sports. Consider kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding, or even a catamaran trip along the coast.
Be cautios with the Calima:
However, be aware that the weekend is expected to experience an intense Calima, a Saharan dust haze, which might affect air quality and visibility, particularly intensifying during the afternoon. This could impact outdoor activities, especially those requiring clear conditions, such as hiking or water sports. It’s advisable to check local advisories and perhaps plan indoor activities or those closer to your accommodation during the afternoon.
Enjoy your day in Lanzarote, taking advantage of the sunny spells and the unique landscape, while staying prepared for the effects of the Calima.
Read more about Lanzarote here and please follow us in social media for more!